Teamwork provides an intuitive SaaS platform for Client Services companies to become efficient, organized, profitable and happy! Our platform has revolutionized how companies manage their daily workflows for improved automation, productivity, and profitability. It acts as the ‘one-stop-shop’ practice management solution enabling our customers to track, manage, and invoice their projects. Our relentless customer-focus has been rewarded with thousands of amazing customers all across the globe and millions of users who sign in every day. We pride ourselves on creating market leading software, working with outstanding people, and going above and beyond for our customers. Trusted by more than 20,000 teams across 170 countries, Teamwork is in acceleration mode as we set our sights to become the undisputed Project Management platform for Client Services companies everywhere.
We believe in hiring great people and look to ensure everyone has the best possible experience of work, everyday. We strive to be open and transparent, humble and customer focused. And we thrive on curiosity, getting results and working together relentlessly to deliver excellence. We are a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. Our personality is unmistakable: we work hard, take joy in our wins and each other's successes and important life events. And we care and support each other when life throws lemons. More than anything we embrace a straightforward approach to getting things done. We are fanatical about our customers: and when talent meets passion, success happens.
We are a remote-first team, with the option to work out of our Cork HQ campus, Belfast or Boston hubs - or fully remotely. At Teamwork we believe that work is what you do, not where you sit.
Teamwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
What good looks like
- 3+ years of front end development experience
- 2+ years professional experience delivering products using modern front-end frameworks (Vue.js, React, etc.)
- Comfortable with ES2015+ and SCSS.
- Experience converting Figma (or similar design UI tools) designs to functional apps and components.
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in a remote team environment
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Experience with Vuex, Redux, or another Flux / state-management solution.
- Familiarity with Sentry or other error monitoring tools.
- You're a wizard when it comes to browser DevTools and performance.
Show us what you got – nothing speaks louder or shows us more about you than showing us examples of your work.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect
As a member of the Bravo team, you will be a part of a cross-functional team comprising developers, designers, QA engineers and a product manager. We look after the core project management areas of our product - tasks and projects. This is the stuff that is integral to the product, so you have the opportunity to make a huge impact on the success of the company.
Our team is responsible for the creation of new task management features as well as maintaining our existing solutions. A large part of our role is to replace our legacy UI, which is built in KnockoutJS, with a refreshed modern interface, which is built in VueJS.
We work in a self contained, autonomous team, working all the way from identifying customer requirements to building out fully functioning solutions, collaborating across functional areas of the team as we go. We are data driven - ensuring that every new project we deliver has well defined success metrics and can be measured against them once complete. We follow agile methodologies and aim to deliver fully functioning software at the end of every two week sprint.
Core Benefits and Perks
- Employee Share Options (ESOP) — we mean what we say when we say, “act like an owner”!
- Competitive salary & OTE (as applicable)
- 20 days vacation moving to 30 days in year 2
- Pension benefit (specific to region)
- Health plans and wellbeing programs
- Give Back program
- Ministry of Happiness social club
- Educational resources and generous allowance to support development
- Inclusive policies - maternity, paternity & parent leave, as well as a focus on flexible working
- Recognition programs