Teamwork provides an intuitive SaaS platform for Client Services companies to become efficient, organized, profitable and happy! Our platform enables our customers to track, manage, and invoice their projects as well as providing a full suite of tightly integrated solutions such as helpdesk, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and customer relationship management capabilities; making Teamwork the ‘one-stop-shop’ practice management solution. Trusted by more than 20,000 teams across 170 countries, Teamwork is in acceleration mode as we set our sights on becoming the one place for Client Services.
Our people are the reason for our success and our focus as we look to scale and grow. We believe in hiring great people and look to ensure everyone has the best possible experience of work, everyday. Our values inform everything that we do and shape our decision making. We strive to be open and transparent, humble and customer focused. And we thrive on curiosity, getting results and working together relentlessly to deliver excellence. We are a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. Our personality is unmistakable: we work hard, take joy in our wins and each other's successes and important life events. And we care and support each other when life throws lemons. More than anything we embrace a straightforward approach to getting things done. We are fanatical about our customers: and when talent meets passion, success happens.
Teamwork has been on an exciting product journey in the last 18 months as it has pivoted to a product-led strategy and the introduction of cross-functional, autonomous team structures. As we are levelling up to scale and grow we are now looking for Software Engineering Managers to help us on our journey and scale our product development organisation. The role will report to the Head of Engineering.
In this position, you will:
- Hire, coach and drive a high performance team to deliver against assigned goals
- Collaborate closely with your partners in product and design to define and execute on the most impactful initiatives and ensure the technical and delivery plans for all product feature teams are fully aligned with the product roadmap
- Work closely with your team to provide feedback on architecture and approach. Enable your teams to deliver scalable, maintainable and secure products
- Build and influence a culture of ownership, autonomy and inclusivity, not just within your own team but across the engineering department
- Leverage your technical skills to build engineering excellence within your team that promotes and implements engineering best practices
- Create a development plan to ensure team members successfully ramp up, deliver and achieve their potential with us at Teamwork
- Manage workload distribution balancing the development needs of individuals with the collective demands of the business
- Champion continuous process improvements using lean and agile principles across the teams - ensuring we continue to deliver at speed as the company continues to scale
What good looks like
- Minimum of 5 years in a software engineering management position leading engineering teams and acting as a mentor to build highly engaged teams
- You’re a problem solver, you’re a team player but you know when to take the initiative. You believe that done is better than perfect and take a pragmatic approach to balancing short term fixes and long term solutions
- Comfortable working with technical ambiguity and change, you will collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to determine the best path of execution.
- You will be instrumental in leading the team through change, scaling, and bringing together the various teams to work as one team
- Proven experience in building high-performance teams and evolving team structure and operations in fast-growth technology organisation in a technology SaaS organisation
- Hands-on technical experience driving systems architecture, looking at the big picture and how the design will align with the company strategy
- Deep knowledge of product development, with the ability to drill deep into problem areas as required
- Exceptional people and communication skills, great collaborator, and ability to manage multiple priorities
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect
We are a remote-friendly team, with the option to work out of our Cork HQ campus, Belfast or Boston hubs - or fully remotely. At Teamwork we believe that work is what you do, not where you sit.
You will experience a collaborative and flat culture, where titles are less valued than delivering outcomes that impact and move the dial. We want you to have what you need to hit the ground running, so you will get the best kit to help you do your best work from Day 1. Our onboarding program will give you the opportunity to meet Teamworkers, learn about our market leading product and get under the hood of our Grow and Scale strategy.
We expect our people to work hard, level up and turn up every day focused on being their best for each other and our customers. In return, you can expect to know what success looks like in your role, and have regular check-ins with your manager. In addition we will work with you to grow your career with Teamwork.
But when all is said and done we want you to have fun and enjoy working with us! We put a lot of effort into having regular social events, a weekly all staff catch up with quizzes and prizes to be won, and an annual staff gathering Grand Council focused on celebrating the wins, planning for success and building connection & collaboration. Strengths that have made us what we are today! But take some time and read more about our story and our values here
Teamwork, where you can #beyourfuture.
Core Benefits and Perks
- Employee Share Options (ESOP)- we mean what we say when we say, ‘act like an owner’!
- Competitive salary & OTE
- 20 days vacation moving to 30 days in year 2
- Pension - matching 5% PRSA
- Health plans and wellbeing programs
- Give Back program
- Ministry of Happiness social club
- Educational resources and generous allowance to support development
- Inclusive policies - maternity, paternity & parent leave, as well as a focus on flexible working
- Recognition programs
Teamwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.