Teamwork provides an intuitive SaaS platform for Client Services companies to become efficient, organized, profitable and happy! Our platform has revolutionized how companies manage their daily workflows for improved automation, productivity, and profitability. It acts as the ‘one-stop-shop’ practice management solution enabling our customers to track, manage, and invoice their projects. Our relentless customer-focus has been rewarded with thousands of amazing customers all across the globe and millions of users who sign in every day. We pride ourselves on creating market leading software, working with outstanding people, and going above and beyond for our customers. Trusted by more than 20,000 teams across 170 countries, Teamwork is in acceleration mode as we set our sights to become the undisputed Project Management platform for Client Services companies everywhere.
We believe in hiring great people and look to ensure everyone has the best possible experience of work, everyday. We strive to be open and transparent, humble and customer focused. And we thrive on curiosity, getting results and working together relentlessly to deliver excellence. We are a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. Our personality is unmistakable: we work hard, take joy in our wins and each other's successes and important life events. And we care and support each other when life throws lemons. More than anything we embrace a straightforward approach to getting things done. We are fanatical about our customers: and when talent meets passion, success happens.
We are a remote-first team, with the option to work out of our Cork HQ campus, Belfast or Boston hubs - or fully remotely. At Teamwork we believe that work is what you do, not where you sit.
Teamwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
What good looks like
- An interest in data engineering, data analysis or data science is a must. Existing skills in these areas are a big plus, especially Amazon analytics tools, or equivalent Big Data technologies such as Apache Kafka, Cassandra, Presto, Spark, Hadoop.
- The bulk of the coding will be back-end work so you will likely be currently in a back-end role or have a significant back-end preference, especially Golang and SQL.
- You will be able to demonstrate performance optimisation skills; we need you to pipeline large data sets in a performant fashion.
- You will be able to take highly detailed technical direction from our Data Architect and will be keen to continuously learn more about data engineering tools & theory.
- You will complete tasks within your range of skills independently, understanding that the onus will be on you to demonstrate the results & efficacy of your work.
- You will very often demonstrate the results of your data engineering work using AWS QuickSight and other visualisation tools so presentation skills are a plus.
- You are comfortable with estimating the time needed to complete a task and meet the deadlines you impose for yourself.
- You aspire to become a Data Architect.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
What you can expect
Teamwork's Data Team Vision Statement is the following:
Support the Company's growth by building a centralized Data facility focused on Customer and Product data that will empower decision makers in all roles and transform the company into a data-driven organization through easily and widely accessible business intelligence and analytics.
Here's a pithy quote to remember that more easily:
All customer-related activity in one place that we can slice & dice without going to a programmer.
The Data Team goals are to provide accurate Insights (reports, visualizations, forecasts and predictions) in a timely fashion, fully automated when possible, to provide stakeholders with the necessary information to make informed business decisions, with a particular focus on customer data, but potentially concerning any aspects of the business including technical metrics.
- This is a software engineering role.
- You will take care of setting up the necessary infrastructure to gather, import & generate the data needed for a piece of analysis, then automate it so it never has to be repeated again.
- You will perform tasks such as setting up connections, scheduling jobs, ETL, configuring S3 buckets, writing lambdas, and providing tooling to analysts & business users.
- You will take direction from and work closely with our Data Architect to create and maintain the software that gets us the data we need in the formats we need for Data Analysts to perform repeatable analysis.
- You will work in a team with Data Analysts, seeking to understand their requirements and enabling them to perform their analysis without them having to engineer data pipelines.
- You will work with various other development teams to engineer data pipelines from our products & services into our Data Lake in a highly scalable fashion.
- Alongside the rest of the Data team you will work with business stakeholders to understand what insights they want for growing our business, why they want them, and what other insights we should seek to provide.
- Alongside the rest of the Data team you will work to understand the operational insights that software & other teams in Teamwork want for understanding the real behaviours & usage patterns of our products & services in order to operate them better. One of our aims is to democratise access to data & encourage a culture of data-driven decision making.
Core Benefits and Perks
- Employee Share Options (ESOP)- we mean what we say when we say, ‘act like an owner’!
- Competitive salary & OTE
- 20 days vacation moving to 30 days in year 2
- Pension - matching 5% PRSA
- Health plans and wellbeing programs
- Give Back program
- Ministry of Happiness social club
- Educational resources and generous allowance to support development
- Inclusive policies - maternity, paternity & parent leave, as well as a focus on flexible working
- Recognition programs