Teamwork provides an intuitive SaaS platform for Client Services companies to become efficient, organised, profitable and happy! Our platform enables our customers to track, manage, and invoice their projects as well as providing a full suite of tightly integrated solutions such as help-desk, collaboration, knowledge sharing, and customer relationship management capabilities; making Teamwork the ‘one-stop-shop’ practice management solution. Teamwork has revolutionised how companies manage their daily workflows for improved automation, productivity, and profitability. Our relentless customer-focus has been rewarded with thousands of amazing customers all across the globe and millions of users who sign in every day, to trust us with enabling their business to be efficient, organised, profitable and happy! We pride ourselves on creating market leading software, working with outstanding people, and going above and beyond for our customers. Trusted by more than 20,000 teams across 170 countries, Teamwork is in acceleration mode as we set our sights to become the undisputed Project Management platform for Client Services companies everywhere.
Our people are the reason for our success and our focus as we look to scale and grow. We believe in hiring great people and look to ensure everyone has the best possible experience of work, everyday. Our values inform everything that we do and shape our decision making. We strive to be open and transparent, humble and customer focused. And we thrive on curiosity, getting results and working together relentlessly to deliver excellence. We are a company of action, full of triers and doers: we try things, we make mistakes, and we learn from them. Our personality is unmistakable: we work hard, take joy in our wins and each other's successes and important life events. And we care and support each other when life throws lemons. More than anything we embrace a straightforward approach to getting things done. We are fanatical about our customers: and when talent meets passion, success happens.
Teamwork is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Never met a query you can’t improve? Enjoy teaching developers how to rewrite their statements and why? We need people who are confident in their knowledge and free with their opinions. We need DBAs who want to help improve our existing schemas and shape tomorrow’s data layer.
As our customer base continues to grow, we are expanding our operations teams to match that growth. We are looking for MySQL/MariaDB experts to help us continue to scale our software. We are looking for someone who can take a feature request, weigh the pros and cons of how to store and manage its data, then communicate a solution that puts service reliability and our users first. We need someone who can find the constraints in our current schemas and come up with ways to improve them.
What good looks like
- Advanced knowledge and experience in relational database architecture and system design.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in MySQL/MariaDB database performance tuning, specific to AWS RDS.
- 5+ years of experience as a relational DBA in a high traffic, transactional environment.
- Experience with data sharding, horizontal partitioning.
- Experience in administration of MySQL/MariaDB.
- Ability to work cooperatively with software developers
- AWS experience is a major plus
- Experience with databases including Redis and MongoDB would be a plus, but is not essential if you have significant MySQL experience
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we’d love to hear from you.
Core Benefits and Perks
- Employee Share Options (ESOP)- we mean what we say when we say, ‘act like an owner’!
- Competitive salary & OTE
- 20 days vacation moving to 30 days in year 2
- Pension - matching 5% PRSA
- Health plans and wellbeing programs
- Give Back program
- Ministry of Happiness social club
- Educational resources and generous allowance to support development
- Inclusive policies - maternity, paternity & parent leave, as well as a focus on flexible working
- Recognition programs